Sunday, February 28, 2016

Savings Accounts s l o w l y growing :-)

The required $210 was transferred to my 2nd Home savings account this week.  (All relevant pages have been updated).  This is the last of the intended savings transfers, mortgage over-payments and investments so I remain on track for my 2016 goals.

I also set up a transfer of $190 to my brokerage settlement account.  This transfer should take effect tomorrow and will bring the total in that account to $340.  It really is just a holding account until I purchase shares.  Again with trying to reduce the impact of the fees, I want to make a larger purchase of shares in March so these monies will combine with my "normal" transfer mid-month to allow me to do so.

Also, it gets the money out of my checking account where I am likely to find it frittering itself away.  Far better for it to be sitting at Vanguard where I will put it to good use within 15-30 days.  (I am going to try to do this at least once a month even if I have not designated a stock or ETF to be purchased.  I just do not want to spend leftover money on *crap* when it can go to something that will pay me dividends.)

Work has been keeping me busy so I haven't had a chance to post what I've been reading.  (It's also been frying my brain a bit so I don't really recall all that I've read...le grand sigh....)  In the near term it looks as though I will be sticking to a weekend-only posting schedule.  This is actually fine for now since I don't have that much money to invest/save and only take action a few times a month.

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.