Saturday, February 6, 2016

Weekend reading

For me, staying some-what motivated is about staying away from temptations.  So I read about personal finance and people who blog about trying to have a better life by conquering their money.  Fashion and beauty blogs are out because then I'd want to buy those products :-)

Here are a few links that I have read this week (all short and all from the same site Kiplingers):

The Biggest Oversight in most Americans' Retirement Planning
***This is a fab read - so important***

Getting Off on the Right Financial Foot in 2016

What the Chinese Zodiac Can Teach Us About Personal Finance

Awaken to these Three Retirement Investing Truths

Take the Emotion out of Your Financial Decision Making
*The comment about not naming your estate as a beneficiary for your life insurance is interesting.  I named my estate for the life insurance I get under my job.  I just didn't want to give out individual social security numbers.  I'm wondering if you have enough cash, stock etc. that can tide your beneficiaries over for a decent amount of time if this really matters.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.