Sunday, March 27, 2016

3rd Mortgage Over-Payment Made (117 remaining)

Early last week I made an over-payment of 0.20% of the mortgage.  Still on track for my 2016 goal which is to overpay the mortgage by 3%.  My taxes have been submitted and hopefully the refund will come next month and I'll be able to put a bit more towards the mortgage overpayment.

There are definitely times when it is hard to make this overpayment.  I've been doing it for over 3 years now and it does get old fast especially when the horizon is very, very far away.  But I think reducing my mortgage overpayment a bit (adjusting it to send the other monies to investments) has helped.  I don't feel as though all my money is inaccessible.  Yet I still feel like I'm making *some* progress.

Of course if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd pay it all off in one big swoooooooop!  :-)

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.