Sunday, March 27, 2016

This month's investment

I have no idea what I am going to buy this month.  I'll probably make the decision on the last day of the month.  Or it could slip into April since I'm in no rush to buy just anything.

But in keeping with my desire to make consistent investments, I have set up a transfer of $700 to be sent to my brokerage settlement account.  This should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday and be ready for me to invest once I have made up my mind.

I will probably invest $100 into my Energy mutual fund since I still want to increase that overtime.  But I am torn about investing the rest of the monies - i.e. does it go towards a stock or towards my dividend ETFs?  Either decision is okay of course.

Well we'll know in a few days :-)

Pru

2 comments:

  1. Do you have an investment advisor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Anon. No I do not and at this point I do not want one. Most of my overall investments (that are not the subject of this blog) are held in low-expense no load mutual funds which I consider to be best for the average person and I do not believe one needs to have an investment advisor.

      Now the investments for this blog are all part and parcel of my learning curve. But that is just me. People need to do what is best for them and to seek professional advice if they feel it is necessary.

      Delete

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.