Saturday, April 9, 2016

This week's trades and a small dividend

This week I made a few purchases.  Early in the week I invested an additional $200 into my Energy mutual fund and received 4.624 shares.

Then yesterday I purchased 4 shares each of my two high yield dividend ETFs (VYM and VYMI).

This past week I had a look under the hood of my ETFs and I really liked what I saw - especially on the international one which is a brand new ETF.  Highly recommend that if you own an ETF or a mutual fund to look at the underlying companies.  So far I have not been surprised.  But it's something to do before you buy and from time to time as the underlying companies can change and you may decide you are no longer comfortable with that fund. 

Also, my one Walmart share paid me a $0.50 dividend which equal to 0.007 shares.  This, like all my dividends, was reinvested.


(All pages have been updated to reflect the dividends and investments.)


My portfolio is generally down - well any increase is due to the new investments and not to the value.  However, I am not stressed about it as this is a 10 year plan (9.75 years remaining...).  The overall values will increase!  Okay they may not and that would really suck but most likely they will :-)

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.