Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Another purchase...another dividend...

I'm closing out the month with another purchase - this time a new ETF.  It is silly but I only bought one share.  I had about $70 in my settlement account which isn't a lot when it comes to buying stocks and ETFs.  But I had been thinking about this ETF for awhile now so I went ahead and spoiled myself with one share :-)
(I'll share more on why in a later post.)

VNQI is Vanguard's Global REIT ETF that excludes the U.S.  I already have the U.S. REIT mutual fund so this is just a bit of diversification.  A really itsy bitsy tiny bit.  But I will be buying more.

1 share of VNQI at $53.66 per share.

Additionally, I also received a dividend about a week ago from my Starbucks holdings.  The total amount was $4.01 which translated into 0.073 shares that were reinvested.  Sorta funny because $4.01 doesn't even buy you a tall cappuccino where I am (at least not after you factor in tax) but it will get you close to that.  Suppose once a quarter SBUX is giving me a free coffee or will be in the future :-)

Total dividends earned thus far this year are about $238 which isn't too shabby but most of that comes from my REIT mutual fund.  I am expecting to get a bunch of dividends next month as well as potentially some short or long-term capital gains.

I also made my transfers to various savings accounts and over-paid my mortgage last week.  I will update all the necessary pages in the coming days.  (It's busy right now and the heat is making life difficult.  But I will do my best to update as soon as possible - have the info handy just too tired to do so right now.)

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.