Sunday, June 26, 2016

6th Mortgage Over-Payment Made (114 remaining)

Last week I made my sixth over-payment of 0.46%.  This is an increase from the usual 0.20% since I decided to take a bit of my bonus and put it towards the mortgage.  

This extra amount should help me to reach this year's goal of a 3% over-payment.  In fact for the first half of 2016, I have over-paid by about 1.77% so more than half way to my goal.  This is good because I am not expecting to get any *extra* money coming my way for the rest of the year.

Happily my interest payment is now below another $100-threshold.  It is so nice to see that declining each month.  (I honestly did a happy dance when my principal payment became higher than my interest payment about 2 years ago.)  It doesn't move much each month but every single dollar is a mini-happy dance!

The KILL My Mortgage!!! page is updated.

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.