Sunday, November 27, 2016

December 2016 Financial Goals

I have not finalized my December budget but it is looking as though I will be able to transfer $600 to my brokerage account as well as make my usual contributions to savings for my 2nd home account, G2H-FU account and my Rewire account.  My mortgage account will also get a nice over-payment as well.


Ugh!  Speaking of my mortgage, I just realized that I have not yet paid it for this month (for the payment due on 12/1).  

Also I have been wanting to post some financial links but frankly this past week a lot of the sites I have been on have focused on Black Friday and other sales.  I hate those posts.  Really hate them.  We spend so much as a nation and are so very wasteful.  (OK - I'm not getting on that soapbox!)

Starting next week, I should finds some good links.

Now off to write the mortgage check!

Pru

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the constant inspiration, Pru. You naming off where you're going to transfer your money for investments and where to contribute it - as well as the donations you make to organizations you believe in - always makes me think "yeah! yeah I want that for me one day!" My money gets transferred to my various debt instruments, so it's really nice being able to see where I could be once I get to the "other side." Reading these posts of yours is kind of like peering over at the neighbours beautiful garden and thinking that's really lovely; I just have a bunch of weeds and rocks here but if I work hard enough I'll be able to make something beautiful like that one day. Thank you for always being inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this is such a nice comment! I really like that you are thinking about it like a garden. And you know some weeds can be really beautiful (think mortgage and student loans) it's just all about having perspective and making sure they don't take over the whole yard (life!).

    It took some time for me to get where I am and even now I want to be completely free and have so much more financial stability/security. But it is good to step back and realize that it takes time. I have a lot of friends that are older than me and I think I want that! Then I realize that when they were my age they were probably about where I am.

    And there really is a feeling like an avalanche. As you pay down debt, you will start to pick up speed as the interest paid goes down and more funds goes towards debt. It is the same with the "good" debts as with the "bad" debts and similarly with investing as you start to see the value increase and dividends/gains paid out.

    Stay focused! You are on the right path.

    Pru

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.