Saturday, February 13, 2016

Feb 2016 goals - partially completed

This week I made two transfers - $55 to my Rewire account and $55 to my G2H/FU account.  I'll make the remaining transfer probably next week.

Got paid yesterday and I jumped putting most of my investing cash this month into INTC (Intel Corp) since it was trading at about $28.50/share.  I purchased it in January 2016 just above $30.  The stocks have gotten whacked a bit and each day it's up or down depending (from what I can tell) on what was happening to oil.

Yesterday I purchased 25 shares of INTC at a price of $28.54/share or $720.50 in total (includes my $7 trading fee).  This brings my total amount of INTC shares to 50 - which I am very happy with.  I just missed the cut off date for owning the shares to receive the next dividend (paid on March 1st) but assuming they pay the same dividend ($0.26/share) in June, I will receive $13.00 for these 50 shares.  That would buy me lunch (simple sandwich and drink)!  I'm happy with that.

I'd like to make another purchase this month.  It would most likely be for the ETF or a contribution to the Energy mutual fund since I won't have a large amount to invest.  (I am trying to only buy stock and thus pay the $7 fee if I have at least $500 to invest.)  I'll make that decision in the last week of the month.  I may decide to hold off and add any extra funds to March's investing so as to buy more stock.  (Currently I have about $150 at Vanguard sitting in the money market account - this will also go towards the next purchase.)

In the process of updating the various pages - should finish them this weekend.

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.