Sunday, March 25, 2018

It's been awhile...

Hello Y'all!

*Pru waves*

I'm still here but need to give a bit of an update.  Firstly, work etc has been very hectic (lot going on there) and I have been organizing my financial affairs a bit to do my taxes.  Thankfully those have been submitted and now I just need to pay what I owe.  Taxes are always a stressful time for me so I'm glad that for the most part I'm done for the year.  Next year will be an entirely different story as I will owe a lot given the new tax bill that was passed in 2017.

March has also to date been a stressful and expensive month.  Sadly, we all experience times like this when there is nothing we can do but keep paying out cash.  Yup, one of those months.

Most importantly, as affects my plan here on this blog, I may not have a job in a few months.  So.....yeah...there's that.  Lots of thinking has been going on in the Pru household.  

As this impacts the blog, until I know for sure where I stand in terms of employment, I am not sending any money to Vanguard.  I will continue to fund my savings accounts because if I need to touch that money, I will.  I am also just paying the minimum to my mortgage.  (It's all about conserving cash as much as possible.)

Yup - that's where I am.  Hoping to get back to posting weekly again even if it's just links to read.

Pru