Saturday, August 6, 2016

Happy Saturday!

All the pages have been updated (finally!).

I saw a tiny snippet in the Wall Street Journal yesterday that MetLife, a very large company, is planning to cut costs by 11% between now and 2019.  Another reason for Pru to start tightening her belt.

I looked at how my investment balances have slowly grown this past year - primarily from me putting the green employees to work.  But also from dividends that were reinvested.  It is nice to see but it does remind me that when it comes to investing you really need to take the long term view.  I can't look at my balances on a daily basis.  The market goes up and down and on those down days seeing all the red is a tad frightening.  Especially when you consider that most people are investing for their retirement.

Slow and steady - well that's all I can be at this point.  I entered the race a bit late but I'll keep dripping in money each month :-)

Now for some links:

Shifting Gears From Saving to Spending in Retirement
This does scare me a bit.  Spending (no pun intended) a lifetime putting money into an account and then getting to the finish line when you have to carefully take it out. 

11 Budgeting Skills Everyone Should Master

6 Sneaky Ways You Cheat on Your Budget
I should probably up one or two categories in my budget.  I regularly overspend in those categories each month and pull from other categories to cover them.

6 Terrible Money Situations You Need to Stop Getting Yourself Into

8 Financial Wake Up Calls — And How to Deal With Them


Happy reading!
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.