Saturday, August 20, 2016

Hi I'm Pru *waves* and I'm a blogger failure

Ugh I went completely absent again.  Part of the reason was because of the insane heatwave that has only ended a couple of days ago.  When I wasn't working or commuting, I was pretty much sitting in front of fan hoping for cooler weather.

The other reason for my absence is that I will be getting a roommate in the middle of September.  That will be a topic for another post.  The circumstances are not ideal but we'll see how it turns out.  In any case, my free time is largely spent getting ready for someone to move into my space.  If anything this experience is making me focus more on my finances and I'll blog about that later too.

Needless to say things here will be sporadic but I will still post.  In terms of investing, I transferred some more funds to Vanguard.  I decided that I will be buying Ford (F) stock.  Ideally I would buy 150 shares so the cash is sitting in my brokerage account while I try to find bits and bobs and to transfer there.  Because of the high dollar amount this will cost me, I will probably not make any investment purchases this month but will purchase Ford stock next month.

I'm also freaking out about my mortgage (again) so looking for any other bits and bobs to help pay it down faster.  I just wrote the check today so once it clears, I will update the blog.

Hope everyone who reads is doing well.

Pru

2 comments:

  1. Not as much of a failure as I am, as a blogger! I might make it my September resolution to start blogging again! I carry on reading, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pru. You and I are in the same boat - the blogosphere can at times be a tough world to keep up and on with, especially when there's lots going on in your day-to-day. I've fell off the blogging wagon as well, so I can empathize that it's not out of a lack of desire or want, but sometimes long periods of just - life! - hit us that don't leave us with a whole lot of time to craft full sentences and well-formed thoughts. I hope things are going well for you and your still chugging away at all your amazing goals. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.