Saturday, July 23, 2016

June 2016 - Dividends (Money!!!)

Oh boy this post is late in coming :-)  Thankfully the dividends didn't just magically disappear because of my lateness.

In June 2016, I earned $321.01 in dividends.  Yay!  It's like free money!  Seriously I love the quarter end months because that is when the money starts rolling in :-)

Every single penny of those dividends were reinvested for future dividends.  

As always I do like to imagine what I might spend that money on.  $321 is a good amount.  Assuming I was in retirement, it would be $107/month (averaged over a quarter).  $107 could pay a monthly bill (utility, internet, cell phone) or it could be 2 weeks of groceries for me.  That is really tangible.  And it makes me want to keep saving and investing.

Dividends & Capital Gains page has been updated.

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.