Friday, November 25, 2016

Southern Poverty Law Center

Thanksgiving was rough - I cooked a lot of dishes, struggled with my internet service and to be honest I passed out at one point.  Didn't even benefit from eating a bunch before I was down for the count - pure exhaustion.  Needless to say my intent to make other donations did not materialize Thursday evening.  Back at work today but I have just managed to make a donation before heading to bed.

Fight hate!  I donated to the Southern Poverty Law Center who have been fighting the good fight for a long time and who will hopefully continue the battle.  Until Tuesday, if anyone reading this wants to contribute, they have a supporter who will double your donation - utterly fabulous!

Right now I am in the stages of I am not exactly sure what I *should* do.  Getting back to the heart of this blog, I wasn't sure exactly what I would be doing in 10 years when I "Rewire" but I wanted to make sure that I would be in a more secure place financially when I got there and in a position to make a leap.  I have a feeling that in 10 (actually 9) years I will look back and know that this election had an impact on what I will be doing then.

I will continue giving.  There will be some political donations as well.  I will aim low and say that these will be completed by this weekend.  (This will give me plenty of time to complete this as well as to nap, clean, organize, run errands and get ready for the week ahead.)

By the time I start typing a post, I am usually mentally exhausted from work and life and I ramble on and on probably not making much sense.  (Oh and don't forget jump from subject to subject.)  My grammar slides and I make a ton of spelling mistakes.  I fear that I get little across.  Lately, I have read and listened to many things that have made me say, "yes! this!" and I wanted to share a post that is far more eloquent than I am on a Friday evening and that is in keeping with where I am right now:

After This Election, I Don't Owe Anyone My Silence Or Unity

Quote of the Week:  
"Apathy and indifference can be just as dangerous as outright bigotry and xenophobia." - Mekita Rivas
 
Have a good weekend!
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.