Saturday, November 5, 2016

Oh is November already here?

All I can say is thankfully today/tonight/early-tomorrow is...let's all fall back Mr. Daylight Savings!  An extra hour of sleep!  (I hope!) Yay!

Needless to say I have not updated pages for my October investment totals.  Let's just say that things are waaaaaaaaay down :-(   I think it is partly the election effect.  Also partly because F stock sucks right now (but it'll rebound over the next 9 years.....I hope....).  I'm sticking my head in the sand (on all of the former topics) and just hoping that the future is better - much better.

Still one must push on.  And on.  And on.

I've set up my savings transfers as well as a transfer to my brokerage account.  Those should go through this week.  Next weekend I'll be in a position to update totals and to tell you which shares I bought - hint they will be ETFs :-)

The past few weeks I have been thinking about my career.  Or rather the rewire part of my career.  I have no idea what I am going to do when I rewire in 10 (almost 9!).  I'm rather *over* my job/career and have been for quite some time.  But I still need some motivation to get me through the next few years (or longer if possible).

To this end, I am focusing a bit on some technical skills.  I have actually signed up for a couple of Microsoft Office classes.  For all my many, many, many years of using this software, I have never actually had formal training.  Right now I know that I'm guaranteed to at least come out of these classes with a few tips that I don't know.  All good - and it's a simple way of starting to focus on where I am going next.  Stay tuned!

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.