Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Very best wishes to all who read this for a happy Thanksgiving!  Even if you do not celebrate it or are not American, I hope you have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a meal with people you care about and people who care about you!

I, for one, am extremely thankful for all that I have as well as for the person I am, and for the people I consider to be family and friends.  Too often I forget how wonderful my life is and I focus on wherever I find fault.  

The period of mid-November to mid-January is one where I am especially grateful and hopeful.  The rest of the year, not so much.  Something that I am always trying to improve on.

In the spirit of being thankful, today I am sharing my hard-earned tax dollars with some organizations.  The internet has given us access to many things and one that I definitely take for granted is all the news that I read.  I am already a subscriber to the The Wall Street Journal, but today I added The Guardian and The Washington Post.  Reputable, investigative journalism is important.  I read a lot of articles from these two outlets so it is time I paid for it so that we can ensure it continues.  There are other good reporting sources out there that put in the time to do the hard work and report real news.  I highly encourage people to subscribe, if you can, to at least one good source.

Sticking with reading, I am a HUGE supporter of libraries.  I absolutely love my library.  And each year I donate money to it.  Today was the day for the annual donation.

I also gave some money to a local museum.  It's a small museum but I wanted to add it to my local donations.

I'm not done.  There are a few more places that I want to say thank you to.  I will definitely do so at some point today, but right now I need to check on something in the oven and keep moving the Thanksgiving feast forward or we won't be eating in a few hours :-) 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.