Monday, January 16, 2017

Looking ahead, making transfers and cut cut cut

Hopefully everyone's week is off to a good start!

I have spent this long weekend tackling my budget deficit and nearly succeeding.  I'll have to see my other January paycheck to know what I'm really working with so must wait for that.  This has largely consisted of me cutting down some of my variable expenses.  I will need to get smarter with food purchases and look for free/cheaper entertainment.  

Speaking of food it is amazing how much money you can save if you eat at home, consistently cook a lot from scratch (for most things), eat less meat, etc.  I have spent the past couple of days figuring out food for the week, trying to make certain things ahead of time that I can store in the freezer and thinking ahead for next week so that there is some coordination with my grocery shopping and cooking efforts.

It is not easy is always the conclusion I come to.  You need to be organized and just keep at it.  It is all about consistency.  (Hmmm...like most things in life...)

I also transferred some money to one account (2nd home) that should go through tomorrow me thinks.  Transferred some money to the brokerage account (about $400) and have written the check for the mortgage payment (and over-payment) so that will clear this week.

And with that I feel somewhat accomplished.  Now to relax for a couple of hours and then head back to work!

Good week all!

Pru

2 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head there - it really is all about consistency, isn't it? It's definitely a shade of the "talent myth" - most great successes aren't due to some rare, gifted ability but due to contantly enforced routines and habits. Definitely something I've been trying to really work off of seeing there's definitely no naturally occuring trait for frugality in this gal!

    I have a feeling with this food planning, you'll have a lot of delicious, well thought-out homecooked meals in your future! Perhaps not accompanied with the fun restaurant vibe I know we're both fans of, but there's definitely a solid satisfaction that comes with routinely cooking up a tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh FD I cannot agree with you more. Just keep at it! My home cooked meals have come a long way - they are simple but tasty and healthy too!

      Delete

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.