Friday, January 13, 2017

Frugal Friday...errr Fail?!

Okay folks today was not good. 

Well it was in the sense that it was Friday and I am facing a long weekend ahead of me - those two things are always good.

But today was also my first paycheck of the year.  And it was significantly below what I was expecting.  Like over $100.  That means I am likely facing a shortage of about $200 or so a month since I get paid twice a month.  Ugh!

This means my budget needs to be revisited and tweaked, tweaked, tweaked.  

Now I'll be honest, part of this is my own doing.  I am investing a lot via my work retirement plan.  Basically I am front loading it because I may leave my job in six months.  If need be, I can reduce those contributions.  But I would prefer not to.  

There are not too many areas for me to cut further since most of my paycheck (after paying the fixed expenses) goes towards savings for future known expenses.  But I will find places to cut.

This was already going to be the year to get creative.  Well for the next six months I might as well be an artist (a starving one most likely, lol!).

All I can say is this is life.  Figuring out how to work around challenges and just making it work.  Sometimes it's fun and sometimes it's not.  Still we move forward.

Have a good weekend!
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.