Saturday, January 7, 2017

Weekend Reading :-)

First weekend of 2017 - woot! woot!  Can someone just say weekend again :-)

Is it snowing where you are?  It is for me.  That means a nice cup of something hot, a warm blanket and some reading.  Here are some links to peruse this weekend:

I'm a Conservative Investor and Other Lies We Tell Ourselves
*This is a good one because investing is not easy - categorize it under "things to remember"

5 Things Fourth-Quarter Football Strategy Can Teach You About Retirement Planning
*Like!

My brokerage account is with Vanguard so of course this article caught my eye.  Remember one size usually doesn't fit all and you need to determine what is best for you but this article does remind you that you can keep it simple: 

6 Vanguard Index Funds to Buy and Hold Forever
*Remember you can buy and hold forever but don't buy and forget/never check in

4 Keys to Reaching Your Lifetime Financial Goals
*This is a good one!  And one that you can and should do on your own/with your partner/family etc.  Not all of us have financial advisors but we should all do this - even if you are not investing in the market just yet!  Remember to always tailor to your personal needs.

Happy reading!
Pru

2 comments:

  1. I love these posts! I already follow your blog for inspiration and to keep firm in the frugal and fiscally responsible life, but then I get a double dose of goodness when you recommend more good reads to keep the motivation going! Sometimes I feel like my interest in personal finance is all-consuming, but eyes on the prize is important; I think it's human nature to forget about a path we have in mind in fulfillment of our goals when those goals are not top of mind. So thank you again for the food for thought!

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.