Saturday, May 7, 2016

Weekend reading

If you are anywhere near me in the northeast, it is still dreary and cold out.  Perfect for staying indoors with a nice cup of tea and some reading at hand.

With that in mind, below are some interesting (and old) links - the first one started off the storm.

If You Have Savings In You're 20s, You're Doing Something Wrong

If You Have Savings In You're 20s, You're Doing Something Right



Interestingly enough I don't entirely disagree with the first article.  My 20s were great in large part because I was young and I did a lot of things.  I went out, I networked, I traveled, I went to a lot of cultural events, I ate too much and drank too much and I had fun!  I quit my job to "find" myself.  (Hmmm...looking back that seems to happen every decade of my life...)  

While I did not spend with abandon, I did spend money and looking back, I don't regret it.  I wasn't earning anywhere near as much as I am today so what I did save wasn't an enormous amount of money.

If anything, I wish that I had started seriously saving and investing 1 or 2 years earlier before I did (which was in my 30s).  That would have made a huge difference for me today.  No I wouldn't be a millionaire or ready to retire but I would feel significantly less stressed.

Of course that is looking back and knowing the salary I was making back then.  And it is also knowing myself and having always had a savings habit (of some sorts).

I am very fortunate to have ended my 20s with no debt whatsoever (bye-bye student loans!).  At least I think so,  I may have actually have been 30 when I paid the last payment :-)  Oh how the memory goes!

Hmmmm...perhaps my 20s weren't that great...oh if only I could remember clearly ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.