Saturday, May 28, 2016

A bit of a surprise

This past week I found out that I will be receiving a bonus in June.  I wasn't sure that I would be getting one this year considering when I started but it is a nice surprise.  I had figured that it would be more of a token amount but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the gross amount is much better than a token.  Of course then Uncle Sam takes his very large cut (*cough* 50% *cough*) and I am left with not much :-)

What to do with it?!

Well while some of it will be used for travel (this is always the case with my bonuses), I'm not really sure about the rest of it.  I want to use it in a good way.  Being a good steward of what I receive is very important to me.  I could use it to pay down more of my mortgage or to put toward saving for a new home or toward my brokerage account or ...  All good uses - none are necessarily better or worse than others as they would all help me reach some financial goals.

But for right now I am just going to sit on it.  This requires a bit of discipline to not spend it (aside from the amount I want to use for travel).  And that level of discipline is important to have.  So for now it will stay put (well once it is paid) and I will probably make a decision within 6 months.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.