Sunday, May 15, 2016

Checking In - 2016 goals

My goals for 2016 were on the light side.  This is a bit of a reboot year for me and a year to replenish lots of savings accounts.  

Said another way there is not a lot of money for my goals this year :-(

Still, I am off to a good start.  I have invested approximately $4,200 compared with my (minimum) goal of $6,250.  I will hopefully meet this goal by the end of August 2016.

My various savings goals are exactly on track since I just divided the goal number by 12 and I have been depositing that amount (rounded).

As for my mortgage, well I am a tad behind on that one.  I am assuming that was possibly a stretch goal (don't really recall).  Of course I could divert some of my investing cash flows towards the mortgage over-payments but I am going to try to find a little extra cash here and there as well as go without a bit to meet that goal.

Did you have financial goals for 2016?  Are you meeting them?

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.