Sunday, May 1, 2016

End of the month purchases

I suppose that title should really be last day of the month...still some investments were made!  I literally made these investments on my phone while walking to work on Friday.  Not my finest hour.

- 2 shares of VYM at a price of $69.67/share = $139.34
- 2 shares of VYMI at a price of $55.81/share = $111.62
- $200 invested in my Energy mutual fund at a price of $48.73 = 4.104 shares

Also received a dividend from the settlement fund of $0.24 on Friday.

I still have about $600 to invest which I will combine with May's investment money to buy more of UL this week.

What wasn't done in April was the transfers to savings - more because I just didn't have a lot of time during the past week to do anything personal (it was ALL about work!).  The money is there so those transfers will occur this week.

Pru

2 comments:

  1. Can you elaborate by what you mean when you said you disagree with most people? Do,you mean in general on all things, or some thing specific? I missed it! Found the post intriguing so wanted your POV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon. It was just a side comment as the links I was posting had to do with poverty and food banks, some people have very strong opinions on those topics. But generally speaking I tend to see a lot of issues in black and white terms which would lead me to disagree with most people as many find their world exists in shades of grey. (But for me, the main issues that govern our existence are ultimately in black and white terms and we simply choose to see them in shades of grey largely to make ourselves feel better.) And here I go again! Anyway completely not relevant!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.