Sunday, January 7, 2018

First share purchase of 2018

2018 is off to a conservative start!  I mentioned in a previous post how I was going to focus more on bonds.  After moving about $705 to my brokerage account earlier this week, I just placed an order for 6 shares of the BND ETF.  That will bring me up to 10 shares.  Will update the brokerage account page next weekend with exact share amounts etc.

I also went ahead and reallocated some of the shares in my retirement account so that I have more bond exposure.  While I do not expect to touch these monies for some time (well until the nanosecond that I officially retire), I think I would probably not feel very well (i.e. I would probably vomit) if the market went south and I saw a significant reduction in value.

Bonds are not sexy but they are supposed to help you sleep a little better at night.  Only time will tell.

I should also note that I do have other funds in my brokerage account that I do not track here.  Technically the monies I transfer can be used to purchase shares in those funds.  Since I am tracking my money market fund (where the initial money transfers go) thought it good to mention.  Guess I'll go add another comment to that page...

Have a good week!
Pru