Sunday, January 10, 2016

Links - Kiplinger's Roundup!

Oh my I do love a good financial read!  The below links are from Kiplinger's.  Some are depressing like that I should plan to pay 85% of social security to Uncle Sam and Aunt Samantha (aka taxes) :-(  but other are just interesting!

Beat the bad guys to your tax refund in 2016
Last year it took forever for me (like six months!) to get my state tax refund because of they were triple checking tax filings due to tax fraud/thieves :-(

18 smart ways to invest $1,000
This is one of their annual articles.  It's always a fun read!  And always take from it what you can - if you don't have $1,000 could you still take the same idea and spend $100?  Something to think about!  (I just did one of these and am currently passport-less awaiting my renewal!  I especially like the aging in place idea - something you can and should do with say a tax refund - if you start early enough, you can spread it out over several years.)

Plan to pay taxes on social security
Ugh!  Okay I misread this title it's that you pay taxes on up to 85% of social security (not 85% of social security goes to taxes).  This article is dated (3 yrs ago! why is it on the main page!) but the ideas behind it are very much relevant.  Something to keep in mind for myself and Darling Parent.

10 reasons you'll never retire
Double ugh!  I am doing everything to avoid this!  Some of the pics alone are enough of a motivating factor!

Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always welcome. Negative comments will be deleted. Selling something - ain't gonna happen. I'm not a financial adviser and you're probably not either. Careful what you recommend.